We haven’t gone out for Valentine’s Day in years. In fact, it’s been at least seven years – ever since we got married! Truth is, a quiet dinner at home sounds a lot better than a busy, overpriced restaurant. With busy work schedules this year, dinner together isn’t an option. But that doesn’t mean we can’t sneak in an easy, no cook lunch date!…
There comes a point in every girl’s life when you start getting excited about power tools. Maybe I’m a total nerd, but I actually put a drill on my Valentine’s Day wish list! For this project, I got some help from my stepdad (a construction pro) but it turned out to be super doable. Once we had the wood ready it only took about an hour to turn it into a pretty heart cutting board….
Tissue boxes have become ubiquitous at our house – the colds and runny noses never stop! To relieve a stuffy nose, try this simple trick for adding a congestion-busting essential oil. Or customize your tissues to boost your mood or improve concentration. Pick out a stylish Kleenex box and customize it with DIY aromatherapy tissues.
- Peppermint – one of the best natural remedies I’ve found for sinus-related headaches. Menthol, a major component of peppermint oil, is commonly used in decongestant remedies.
- Eucalyptus – another great essential oil for congestion. Eucalyptus oil acts as a natural expectorant, helping to clear mucus from the respiratory passages.
- Jasmine – my favorite fragrance is said to be a natural antidepressant that can also help you focus.
- Lavender – is a great natural stress reliever. Use a few drops of this when you need a moment of zen.
- Rosemary – try this before a big test! Rosemary is proven performer for improving memory and concentration.
- Citrus – Orange, lemon + grapefruit are all energizing oils that are great for beating the winter blues….
As a teenager I was religious about washing my face each night. Never (ever!) would I have considered going to bed without using my Neutrogena cleanser bar and then dutifully applying toner and copious amounts of Oil of Olay with SPF. I’m pretty sure I’m showing my age calling it ‘Oil of Olay.’ It was all my mom ever used, and I grew up loving that smell.
Fast forward a few years, and I now routinely commit the skin care sin of not washing my face at night. Terrible, right? I have a host of excuses: I didn’t even wear makeup today! It will just dry out my skin! Who needs to exfoliate? Then I made this rose and chamomile scrub with oats, honey and almond oil and am totally sold on using it every day….
What would Valentine’s Day be without a hefty dose of pink and red? But if you’d rather skip the unnatural food coloring, we’ve got you covered. You can add some pink or red – naturally! – with the help of beets, blood oranges, pomegranate and berries….