Overnight Apple Butter Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Gala Apples, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- Combine all of the ingredients, excluding the nuts, in a 3-quart electric slow cooker coated lightly with cooking spray. Stir well and cover. Cook on LOW 7 hours or until oats are tender.
- Serve topped with another spoonful of apple butter, a dash of maple syrup, and the toasted nuts.
Recipe by Henry Happened at http://www.henryhappened.com/slow-cooker-apple-butter.html