Slow Cooker Apple Butter
Serves: 4 cups
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 10 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours or until apples are very tender.
- Using a submersion blender, blend apples until completely smooth. Cook uncovered in slow cooker on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours more, or until mixture is thick. Stir occasionally.
- Spoon into a bowl or into jars and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Recipe by Henry Happened at http://www.henryhappened.com/slow-cooker-apple-butter.html